Rocky: The Musical
The Knockout Broadway MusicalBook by Thomas Meehan & Sylvester Stallone
Music by Stephen Flaherty
Lyrics by Lynn Ahrens
Based on the MGM/United Artists Motion Picture
Directed by Alex Mustakas
Choreographed by Phil Nero
Music Direction by Michael Lerner
Set Design by Brian Dudkiewicz
Costume Design by Adrienne Pink
Lighting Design by Kevin Fraser
Fight Direction by Joe Bostick
July 18 to Aug 3
Huron Country Playhouse
Roll with the punches as the cult classic Academy Award®-winning film Rocky becomes a triumphant new musical.
Rocky: The Musical is the heart-pounding story of struggling small-time boxer Rocky Balboa, who gets a once-in-a-lifetime shot to fight against heavyweight champ Apollo Creed in South Philadelphia.
Determined to fight 15 rounds to the bitter end, Rocky begins a punishing training regimen under the guidance of the local gym owner, Mickey. Fueled further by his unexpected romance with Adrian, the shy little sister of his best friend Paulie, this underestimated underdog suddenly feels like he’s got something – and someone – worth fighting for. Can he go the distance if he fights from the heart?
Featuring the famous Rocky theme song and Survivor’s “Eye of the Tiger,” this adrenaline-fueled knockout musical about unwavering determination in the face of adversity will have you rooting for romance and cheering for the underdog.
Huron Country Playhouse
RR 1, 70689 B Line
Grand Bend, ON N0M 1T0
ALSO PLAYING AT
Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge | March 6 to March 31 Click here
Recommended for ages 12 and up. There is no official rating system for live theatre. We encourage you to use your judgment based on your child's age and maturity level. Click here to read our complete Ticket Policy.
2 hours and 20 minutes including one intermission.
Meet The Artists
The Company(in alphabetical order)
The Creative Team
Photos & News
- "★★★★★ 5 Stars! Rocky gives you great acting, top notch singing and music , sets to match the best, talented production, and simply an evening of enjoyment. Another production not to be missed." - Ken S, TripAdvisor
- "★★★★★ 5 Stars! The musical was brilliant and had the 'wow' factor. Well cast and true to the story." - JoyceNewHamburg-ON, TripAdvisor
- "★★★★★ 5 Stars! Loved "Rocky: The Musical". Great performance! My husband and myself (retired) and our daughter and her friend attended the performance this week. What a great show for all ages. My daughter was singing along to "Eye of the Tiger" ... The main character "Rocky" was great and you felt as if he was a young Sylvester Stallone. The "Adrian" character had a magnificent voice. All and all it was a great performance." - Maps236324, TripAdvisor
- "★★★★★ 5 Stars! Rocky: The Musical was fabulous! My daughter and I just saw the show Rocky: The Musical, and it was wonderful! Alex Kelly is perfect as Rocky Balboa, with a deep, resonating voice and all of the traits that made his character so endearing. The talented cast, the timing, and the music made this such a great production. I'm taking more of my family to see it after March break. Highly recommended!" - Joyce D, TripAdvisor
- "★★★★★ 5 Stars! An excellent show! Rocky was entertaining, the singing was amazing, the sets and costume design were outstanding. All the actors were well rehearsed. I especially liked the group scenes for the powerful music. The final scene was captivating! So thankful we have world class entertainment in our hometown!" - Fran V., Email
- "★★★★★ 5 Stars! I loved it! A fabulous production in a wonderful theatre. The cast was outstanding." - Elizabeth J., Email
- Broadway World Toronto: "Drayton Entertainment's ROCKY: THE MUSICAL Is the Heavyweight Champion of Grand Bend" Read the full review here.
- Entertain This Thought: "Rocky, The Iconic Movie, is now a Musical" Read the full review here.
- London Free Press: "REVIEW: Musical stage adaption of Rocky breathes new life into iconic story" Read the full review here.
- Rick's Blog: "Rocky: The Musical is an enduring story" Read the full review here.
- The Wellington Advertiser: "Director Alex Mustakas, choreographer Phil Nero and fight director Joe Bostick proved that boxing can be adapted into a musical." Read the full review here.
- Waterloo Region Record: "It's hard to imagine how a film about a boxer could be turned into a musical, but this one works, largely due to the superb cast and innovative scriptwriting." Read the full review here.
- Waterloo Region Record: "Drayton Boxer-in-chief Takes on Rocky: The Musical" Read the full article here.
- Cambridge Times: "'Yo Adrian': 'Rocky: The Musical' to come out swinging in Cambridge" Read the full article here.
- P.E.I Guardian: "P.E.I.’s Alex Kelly lands lead role in 'Rocky: The Musical'" Read the full article here.
- Canadian Premiere of Knockout Musical at the Huron Country Playhouse in Grand Bend Read More
- Knockout Cast Announced for Rocky: The Musical Read More