What is the Endowment Fund?
The Drayton Entertainment Endowment Fund was created as a permanent financial resource to ensure the long-term viability of one of the largest not-for-profit charitable arts organizations in Canada. It is administered through the Ontario Arts Foundation.
All donations to this vital fund remain in it forever. The principal is carefully invested, while the interest generated provides income support for various artistic and development programs on an annual basis, including:
- Our Youth Musical Theatre Program, with over 300 participants annually.
- Creation of new artistic works, such as the world premiere of the Terry Fox musical "Marathon of Hope" (2016 & 2017).
- New outreach programs that help us serve and connect the community through theatre.
Why Donate Now to the Endowment Fund?
All endowment gifts make a difference, because together they form a strong foundation that continues to grow for years to come. The fund is made up of a pool of unrestricted dollars (i.e. general endowments), as well as a number of individually named funds restricted for certain purposes.
What's really exciting is that any donation you make towards endowment will double in value, due to a federal government matching funds initiative.
- A gift of $25 becomes $50!
- A gift of $125 becomes $250!
- A gift of $500 becomes $1,000!
Recently, we raised over $125,000 for the Youth Programs Endowment Initiative in memory of John Kerr, with interest income from that fund resulting in a minimum annual payout of $10,000+ in perpetuity to support these vital youth programs.
How to Donate to the Endowment Fund?
It is easy to make a contribution of the Endowment Fund. To send a cheque, please indicate "Endowment Fund" on the memo line and make payable to Drayton Entertainment, 46 Grand Ave. S, Cambridge, ON N1S 2L8 (Attn. Jonathan Randall)
To make a donation online, please click below:
Flexible pledge payment plans are available so you can pay for your gift over time.
For more information about making a donation please contact:
Director of Marketing and Development
Phone: (519) 621-5511 ext. 233
Tax receipts are issued for the full amount of your donation over $20.
Here is a complete list of our named funds.
Named Endowment Funds:
- The Dimira Family in support of Youth Endowment Initiatives
- In Memory of Bruce Boucher
- In Memory of Mary Burdon
- In Memory of Heather Carmichael
- In Memory of Ray Daniels
- In Memory of Elia Douglas
- In Memory of Jean Eickmeier
- In Memory of Joyce Ferguson
- In Memory of Nuala Freund
- In Memory of John Kerr
- In Memory of Barbara Knight
- In Memory of Bob McQuigge
- In Memory of Brooke Myers
- In Memory of Reta Smith
- In Memory of Carole A. Welch
- In Memory of Marnie Wharnsby
- In Memory of Phyllis Wilkins