Marketing & Development Associate
Location:Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge
Posted Date:November 16, 2023
End DateNovember 30, 2023
Reports To:Director of Marketing & Development
Function:A creative, talented and well-organized individual with demonstrated experience in communications, social media, marketing (digital & traditional) and advertising, the Marketing & Development Associate is responsible for promoting Drayton Entertainment’s brand and its productions to communicate the specific messages for the Department that will increase earned revenue and raise the corporate profile.
Drayton Entertainment is a registered, not-for-profit charitable organization and one of Canada's most successful professional theatre companies. We present the finest in live theatre for all ages at seven unique venues across Ontario: the Drayton Festival Theatre in Drayton, Huron Country Playhouse (Mainstage and South Huron Stage) in Grand Bend, King's Wharf Theatre in Penetanguishene, and St. Jacobs Country Playhouse and the Schoolhouse Theatre in St. Jacobs, and the Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge. We also operate a new Youth Academy in Waterloo.
Duties and Responsibilities may include multiple aspects of the following:
- Support the goals of the Department through a variety of efforts including but not limited to digital and traditional marketing, events coordination, advertising, packages, artist relations, administration and more.
- Maintain elements of Drayton Entertainment’s website, including but not limited to updating content, images, artist information, and more.
- Coordinate and manage components of Opening Night celebrations including maintaining invite lists, developing the annual invitation schedule, creating and deploying invitations, tracking RSVPs, booking seats, preparing acknowledgements, décor and other needs.
- Act as an editor for marketing materials, ensuring meticulous accuracy for spelling and grammar.
- Marketing materials tracking and distribution (theatre guides, flyers, postcards etc.).
- Analyze data offering insight on key performance indicators.
- Assist with community outreach efforts, including representing the organization through opportunities designed to foster public awareness and engagement (backstage tours, festivals, trade shows, and other events).
- Assist with efforts for the Community Support Ticket Program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please note: Due to the nature of the live theatre industry, some evening and weekend work will be required.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for live theatre, and proven track record working with a variety of stakeholders (internal and external).
- College or University degree/diploma in the field of Communications, Marketing, Advertising, or other related discipline or relevant previous experience.
- Lively, engaging and dynamic personality, with superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing skills, along with strong editing skills and astute attention to detail.
- Organization and project management skills.
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office Suite and standard social media platforms.
- Ability to function effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
Term: Full-time; Immediate Start.
This position is based at Drayton Entertainment’s Head Office at 46 Grand Ave. S., Cambridge.
Individuals required to work onsite must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination in accordance with Drayton Entertainment’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Accommodations may be requested due to medical exemption.
For consideration, interested candidates should respond with Cover Letter and CV by November 30, 2023 to:
Director of Marketing & Development
Drayton Entertainment is committed to inclusion and diversity in hiring, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. Drayton Entertainment is committed to providing employees with a barrier free work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.