Red Rock Diner
The Rock ‘n’ Roll Musical Celebration
Sept 13 to Dec 24, 2016
St. Jacobs Schoolhouse TheatreCome join us for a fun-filled bop down memory lane!
Take a trip through time to an era when Elvis was dancing to the “Jailhouse Rock,” Buddy Holly was reinventing how to play the guitar, and pioneering radio deejay Red Robinson was broadcasting a burgeoning genre called rock ‘n’ roll across Canadian airwaves.
Watch as five teens come of age through a timeless soundtrack which defined an entire generation … featuring raucous hits like “Great Balls of Fire,” and “Jailhouse Rock”, as well as tender ballads like “Sh-Boom, Sh-Boom,” “Cry,” and more.
Charming, cheerful, and chock full of fun, this rock ‘n’ roll musical celebration will have you singing your way out of the theatre with its toe-tapping beats and classic ‘50s style.
St. Jacobs Schoolhouse Theatre
11 Albert Street West
St. Jacobs, ON N0B 1T0
Appropriate for all ages
2 hours and 10 minutes with one intermission
By Dean Regan
Directed & Choreographed by David Connolly
Music Direction by Nico Rhodes
The Company(in alphabetical order)
The Creative Team
Assistant Stage Manager
For a limited time we have partnered with Stone Crock Restaurant in St. Jacobs to create a special Dining & Theatre Package for select performances of Red Rock Diner at the St. Jacobs Schoolhouse Theatre.
Package Only $60+HST Per Person (Gratuity included)
1 Ticket to Red Rock Diner
1 Meal Voucher to Stone Crock Restaurant
Click here for complete details and restrictions.
Photo credits: Company of Red Rock Diner, 2016 Season.
Photo by Drayton Entertainment.
"High energy and often hilarious performances by six young actors, all new to the Drayton stage." - Waterloo Region Record
Read the full review.
- "Red Rock Diner is Fantastic — Went to see Red Rick Diner yesterday. Wow, wow, wow. It was the best show we have seen and we go often. Great cast of singers and dancers, wonderful music, so much energy. Would recommend it to all ages." Marion P, Burlington, TripAdvisor
- "Awesome show. Truly enjoyed it!" Marian Eadie, Barrie, Facbook
- "Saw this on Saturday night and it's fantastic! A great night out for those who like music from the '50s!" Marlene Ottens, Facebook
- "I saw this last Saturday too and thoroughly enjoyed it ! Super talented ensemble." Donna Dobroski, Hamilton, Facebook
- Waterloo Region Record: Vancouver's Red Robinson a link to rock’s fabled past Read more
- Wellington Advertiser: Red Rock Diner not to be missed Read more
- Waterloo Chronicle: Red Rock Diner Captures energy of 1950s Read more
- Entertain This Thought: Red Rock Diner – Canada’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Deejay Read more
- Waterloo Region Record: Red Rock Diner a fun romp down Rock ’n’ Roll Hall of Fame Read more
- Woolwich Observer: Rockin’ into the ’50s in St. Jacobs Read more