Posted Date:March 20, 2023
Drayton Entertainment is a registered, not-for-profit charitable organization and one of Canada's most successful professional theatre companies. We present the finest in live theatre for all ages at seven unique venues across Ontario: the Drayton Festival Theatre in Drayton, Huron Country Playhouse (Mainstage and South Huron Stage) in Grand Bend, King's Wharf Theatre in Penetanguishene, St. Jacobs Country Playhouse and Schoolhouse Theatre in St. Jacobs, and Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge. In addition to our seven venues, we also operate a Youth Academy in Waterloo, Ontario.
Duties and Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
• To maintain the Wig Design of the show through the course of the run
• Wash and reset the wigs according to the design
• Notify the Head of Wardrobe or Wardrobe Supervisor if you are in need of replenishing depleted stock.
• Assist the Head of Wardrobe in organizing and maintaining wardrobe/wig storage areas
• Be fully responsible for any keys, credit cards and petty cash floats given to the employee by the Theatre and to return any such keys, cards or petty cash funds on demand
From time to time, other duties may be assigned as required.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIRED SKILLS:
• 3+ Years as a Wig Stylist
• Self Motivated and can work independently
• Works efficiently in a fast paced environment
• Cosmetology license preferred
• Make-Up and special effects skills would be considered an asset
Salary: $26.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay (typically a 20 hour work week)
Vaccination Requirement: Individuals required to work onsite must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination in accordance with Drayton Entertainment’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Accommodations may be requested due to medical exemption.
We are hiring for the locations and dates:
Hamilton Family Theatre, Cambridge, ON: April 3 to September 10, 2023
Huron Country Playhouse, Grand Bend, ON: June 12 to September 3, 2023.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Head of Wardrobe
**When applying, please include the job title and location in your cover letter**
Drayton Entertainment is committed to inclusion and diversity in hiring, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. Drayton Entertainment is committed to providing employees with a barrier free work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.