Seasonal House Manager
Job Code:Seasonal House Manager
Posted Date:February 15, 2023
End DateApril 7, 2023
Reports To:Facility Manager
Function:To efficiently manage the Front of House areas for all Theatre productions and events.
Drayton Entertainment is a registered, not-for-profit charitable organization and one of Canada's most successful professional theatre companies. We present the finest in live theatre for all ages at seven unique venues across Ontario: the Drayton Festival Theatre in Drayton, Huron Country Playhouse (Mainstage and South Huron Stage) in Grand Bend, King's Wharf Theatre in Penetanguishene, St. Jacobs Country Playhouse and Schoolhouse Theatre in St. Jacobs, and Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge. In addition to our seven venues, we also operate a Youth Academy in Waterloo, Ontario.
Reports to Facility Manager
Function To efficiently manage the Front of House areas for all Theatre productions and events.
Duties and Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
• Train and oversee volunteer ushers and ensure that the Front of House runs efficiently.
• Coordinate and schedule ushers for all performances.
• Establish positive and nurturing relationships with Drayton Entertainment volunteers.
• Co-ordinate the Front of House volunteers and staff with Stage Management to ensure performances begin as scheduled.
• Provide assistance for receptions and other scheduled events.
• Develop an understanding of Box Office and House policies, as well as liquor laws as they pertain to the facility.
• Develop positive relationships with patrons and use proper communication skills in providing immediate feedback to any concerns or dissatisfactions that may occur.
• Responsible for 50/50 sales, counting and maintaining tracking sheets.
• Ensure the safety of all theatre patrons: before each performance, all washrooms, auditorium, and front of the house areas must be checked to ensure their suitability for the public.
• Perform daily & weekly housekeeping duties as required in the job function, and other duties assigned by management.
• Provide general administration support
• The House Manager must have a definite passion for the performing arts and an intense desire to work with the public, youth and adult volunteers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent customer service & organizational skills.
• Confident attitude and warm, professional demeanour.
Other qualifications include:
• Standard First Aid Training is an asset
• Smart Serve Certification is an asset
We are currently hiring for the following locations and dates:
Drayton Festival Theatre, Drayton, ON
May 8 to September 3, 2023
Huron Country Playhouse, Grand Bend, ON
May 23 to September 3, 2023
King’s Wharf Theatre, Penetanguishene, ON
May 29 to September 3, 2023
Individuals required to work onsite must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination in accordance with Drayton Entertainment’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Accommodations may be requested due to medical exemption.
For consideration, interested candidates should apply to:
Director of Audience Services
Please indicate the job title and location you are applying for in the subject line of your application.
Drayton Entertainment is committed to inclusion and diversity in hiring, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. Drayton Entertainment is committed to providing employees with a barrier free work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.