Seasonal Box Office Personnel
Job Code:Seasonal Box Office Personnel
Posted Date:February 15, 2023
End DateApril 7, 2023
Reports To:Box Office Manager
Function:Box Office representatives are responsible for selling and processing ticket orders (single-tickets, subscriptions, groups, gift certificates, and other promotions) by phone, Internet, and over-the-counter transactions.
Drayton Entertainment is a registered, not-for-profit charitable organization and one of Canada's most successful professional theatre companies. We present the finest in live theatre for all ages at seven unique venues across Ontario: the Drayton Festival Theatre in Drayton, Huron Country Playhouse (Mainstage and South Huron Stage) in Grand Bend, King's Wharf Theatre in Penetanguishene, St. Jacobs Country Playhouse and Schoolhouse Theatre in St. Jacobs, and Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge. In addition to our seven venues, we also operate a Youth Academy in Waterloo, Ontario.
Reports to: Box Office Manager
Function: Box Office representatives are responsible for selling and processing ticket orders (single-tickets, subscriptions, groups, gift certificates, and other promotions) by phone, Internet, and over-the-counter transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
• Process ticket sales through Drayton Entertainment’s ticketing system Tessitura.
• Balance orders with the following list of legal tender: cash, cheques, gift certificates, credit cards, debit cards, coupons and vouchers.
• Process orders along specific criteria for price coding (adult and youth tickets, subscriptions, memberships, special promotions, travel club, etc.).
• Create and process orders for groups involving blocks of reserved seats, record deposits and process the order when instructed by the Groups Manager.
• Data entry of personal details, mailing information and memberships.
• Process complimentary tickets, refunds & exchanges according to Drayton Entertainment policy.
• Process Gift Receipts for charitable donations and fundraisers.
• Print and distribute patron tickets at show call and assist with ticketing concerns.
• Inform Box Office Manager of any customer concerns.
• Process computer reports (End of Day, Credit Cards, etc.) as requested.
• Assist with special projects or mailings as needed.
• May be required to assist with bar sales in the lounge during intermission.
• The Box Office representative must have a demonstrated maturity in working with the public.
• Evening and weekend work is required.
Other qualifications include:
• Excellent telephone and customer service skills.
• Previous customer service experience in the arts or not-for-profit sector is an asset.
• Confident attitude and warm, professional demeanour.
• First Aid Certification is an asset.
• Smart Serve is an asset.
• Candidate must be bondable.
We are currently hiring for the following locations and dates:
Drayton Festival Theatre, Drayton, ON
April 24 to September 3, 2023
Huron Country Playhouse, Grand Bend, ON
May 8 to September 3, 2023
King’s Wharf Theatre, Penetanguishene, ON
May 15 to September 3, 2023
Start dates are flexible.
Hours of work
Part-time, seasonal positions: 15 to 25 hours per week
Full-time, seasonal positions: 30 to 37.5 hours per week
Individuals required to work onsite must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination in accordance with Drayton Entertainment’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Accommodations may be requested due to medical exemption.
For consideration, interested candidates should apply to:
Director of Audience Services
Please indicate the job title and location you are applying for in the subject line of your application.
Drayton Entertainment is committed to inclusion and diversity in hiring, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. Drayton Entertainment is committed to providing employees with a barrier free work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.