Job Code:Seasonal Bartender
Posted Date:February 15, 2023
End DateApril 7, 2023
Reports To:Facility Manager
Function:The Bartender manages the lobby areas for all theatre productions and events, including organizing the proper arrangement of product, equipment, space and supplies to meet the theatre’s needs for all functions.
Drayton Entertainment is a registered, not-for-profit charitable organization and one of Canada's most successful professional theatre companies. We present the finest in live theatre for all ages at seven unique venues across Ontario: the Drayton Festival Theatre in Drayton, Huron Country Playhouse (Mainstage and South Huron Stage) in Grand Bend, King's Wharf Theatre in Penetanguishene, St. Jacobs Country Playhouse and Schoolhouse Theatre in St. Jacobs, and Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge. In addition to our seven venues, we also operate a Youth Academy in Waterloo, Ontario.
Reports to Facility Manager
Function The Bartender manages the lobby areas for all theatre productions and events, including organizing the proper arrangement of product, equipment, space and supplies to meet the theatre’s needs for all functions.
Duties and Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
• Process sales using point-of-sale system, including troubleshooting.
• Complete reporting and reconciliation procedures of all sales at end of shift.
• Provide assistance for opening night, receptions and events.
• Order, stock, and sell concessions.
• Maintain inventory, sales, and incoming product.
• Bank deposits & balancing of cash after each shift.
• Adhere to health and safety laws concerning the serving and handling of all products.
• Comply with all liquor laws as they pertain to the facility.
• Provide superior customer service, including knowledge of product, theatre programming, directions, and other common customer inquiries.
• The Bartender must have a demonstrated maturity in working with the public.
• Evening and weekend work is required, per theatre programming.
• Excellent customer service skills
Other qualifications include:
• Smart Serve Training & Certification required.
• POS experience is an asset.
• First Aid Training is an asset.
We are currently hiring for the following locations and dates:
Drayton Festival Theatre, Drayton, ON
May 15 to September 3, 2023
Huron Country Playhouse, Grand Bend, ON
May 29 to September 3, 2023
King’s Wharf Theatre, Penetanguishene, ON
June 5 to September 3, 2023
Individuals required to work onsite must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination in accordance with Drayton Entertainment’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Accommodations may be requested due to medical exemption.
For consideration, interested candidates should apply to:
Director of Audience Services
Please indicate the job title and location you are applying for in the subject line of your application.
Drayton Entertainment is committed to inclusion and diversity in hiring, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. Drayton Entertainment is committed to providing employees with a barrier free work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.