Custodian - King's Wharf Theatre
Location:King’s Wharf Theatre
Posted Date:April 24, 2023
End DateMay 1, 2023
Reports To:Facility Manager & Director of Facilities
Function:The Custodian is responsible for performing custodial duties to ensure the facilities are maintained in a clean, sanitized, healthy and safe manner suitable for public access.
Drayton Entertainment is a registered, not-for-profit charitable organization and one of Canada's most successful professional theatre companies. We present the finest in live theatre for all ages at seven unique venues across Ontario: the Drayton Festival Theatre in Drayton, Huron Country Playhouse (Mainstage and South Huron Stage) in Grand Bend, King's Wharf Theatre in Penetanguishene, St. Jacobs Country Playhouse and Schoolhouse Theatre in St. Jacobs, and Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge. In addition to our seven venues, we also operate a Youth Academy in Waterloo, Ontario.
Reports to: Facility Manager & Director of Facilities
Function: The Custodian is responsible for performing custodial duties to ensure the facilities are maintained in a clean, sanitized, healthy and safe manner suitable for public access.
Duties and Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Following all WHMIS and Occupational Health & Safety Act guidelines.
- Properly using cleaners, chemicals, and equipment to prevent damage and ensure safety.
- Following cleaning schedule and checklist.
- Cleaning and sanitizing all washrooms, including toilets, sinks, mirrors, walls, toilet partitions and floors using established practices and procedures.
- Keeping all washroom supplies stocked (paper towels, toilet paper, soap, etc.)
- Cleaning the building and grounds as required for the purpose of providing effective working environment, preventing damage and limiting liability exposure.
- Cleaning building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming, and use of powered floor scrubber when possible.
- Gathering and removing trash to the appropriate waste container or bulk recycling receptacles.
- Cleaning windows, doors, door knobs, hand rails, walls, furniture, fixtures and surfaces.
- Sweeping, removing cobwebs and cleaning up trash from outdoor patio areas.
- Informing the Facility Manager on cleaning supply levels to ensure there is always an adequate supply, as well as any need for noticeable repairs or potential health and safety hazards.
- Monitoring building security and safety; securing the building after operating hours by checking for unlocked doors and windows and turning off lights.
- Keeping all storage areas clean and tidy.
- Performing other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the event/location/staff.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; and vibration. The noise level in the environment ranges from low to occasionally loud.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous cleaning experience preferred
- Emergency First Aid
Term: May 15 to September 8, 2023, with additional hours available in the fall based on November programming. Providing 20 hours of work each week, this position is based in Penetanguishene, Ontario.
Individuals required to work onsite must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination in accordance with Drayton Entertainment’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Accommodations may be requested due to medical exemption.
For consideration, interested candidates should respond by May 1, 2023 to:
Drayton Entertainment is committed to inclusion and diversity in hiring, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. Drayton Entertainment is committed to providing employees with a barrier free work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.